ClassNK Consulting Service Co., Ltd. (NKCS) has been established as a subsidiary company of NIPPON KAIJI KYOKAI a classification society, better known as ClassNK or simply NK. As a classification society and parent company, the origins of NK (Nippon Kaiji Kyokai) date from the foundation in November 1899 of the Teikoku Kaiji Kyokai (the Imperial Marine Association) in Tokyo, which was established in order to promote the regulation and development of the shipping and shipbuilding industries in Japan at the time. Just as in its earliest days, however, NK today remains as an impartial third party, not-for-profit foundation, committed to promoting the safety of life and property at sea, and the prevention of marine pollution.
On 1 April 2011, ClassNK underwent a change in its organization, becoming a general incorporated foundation under Japanese law. As part of this reorganization, NKCS was established as an independent subsidiary and as such, offers a wide range of consulting services. We are committed to supporting the implementation of your various needs and are dedicated to actively ensuring the development of the global maritime cluster as one of its newest members.
- Trade Name： ClassNK Consulting Service Co., Ltd.
- Established： 1 December 2011
- Shareholder： NIPPON KAIJI KYOKAI (100%)
3-3 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0094, Japan.
(3rd Floor of ClassNK Administration Centre Annex)
- CEO and President： Daikichi Nomura
- Development of Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) and Statement for existing ships, including arranging an expert to assist in development of IHM and obtaining approval of IHM and Statement in accordance with the Convention and other regulations.
- Technical advice for selection of suitable Ballast Water Management System and development of rough design, 3D Modeling by means of 3D Laser Scanner, development of Ballast Water Management Plan (BWMP) including obtaining approval in accordance with the Convention, and coordination and supervision on behalf of shipowner.
- Development of Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP) including providing a standard format (SEEMP Template) developed by NKCS and obtaining "Statement of Fact (SOF)" in accordance with IMO Guidelines.
- Consulting Service for Setting up Monitoring Plan for EU MRV.
- Superintendents Services for New building Projects (including review of drawings and plans and On-site services)
- Service window of "ClassNK-NAPA GREEN", advanced energy efficiency operational solution developed jointly by NK & NAPA.
- Service window of "ClassNK CMAXS", a comprehensive software solution for planned maintenance and automatic condition diagnosis system developed jointly by NK, IMC, Diesel United, Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding & MES Technoservice.
- Service window of "ClassNK-PEERLESS", 3D modeling software for BWMS retrofitting developed jointly by NK & ARMONICOS.
- Certification Service of FROSIO which is a leading certifying body for inspection of the requirements of Performance Standards for Protective Coatings (PSPC) adopted by IMO.
- Training Course in Assistant to Coating Inspectors, use of whom is accepted by IMO in order to support qualified coating inspectors' inspection such as FROSIO required by PSPC.
- Bunker Fuel Oil Analysis based on ISO8217 Standard and analysis report with effective advice.
For any other technical solutions other than above, please feel free to contact us.