Marine engineering services
Complete Support with design engineering for upgrading your ship
ClassNK Consulting Service offers a wide variety of high quality marine engineering services.
Our broad range of technical competence enables us to deliver tailor-made solutions.
- Retrofit engineering for SOx scrubbers :
- ①Development of modification drawings
- Retrofit engineering for Ballast Water Management Systems (BWMS) :
- ①Consultation for selecting suitable BWMS
- ②Development of modification drawings
- ③Dispatch of assistant superintendents to worksites
- Development of Ballast Water Management Plan
- Structural strength calculation / analysis :
- ①Strength calculation of hull structure and reinforcement plan preparation
- ②Strength calculation of mooring equipment and reinforcement plan preparation
- ③Calculation of allowable loads on deck
- ④Finite-element modeling (FEM) analysis
- ⑤Fatigue analysis
- ⑥Vibration analysis
- ⑦Liquid cargo sloshing analysis
- ⑧Consultation for modifications in line with the new requirements of the Panama Canal
- Performance calculation :
- ①Development of Stability Booklet
- ②Development of Loading Manual
- ③Calculation of damaged stability
- ④Development of allowable table sheet for steel coil loading
Scope of Work:
We provide a variety of services to suit your needs.
We provide large-scale retrofit engineering services for the installation of SOx scrubbers and Ballast Water Management Systems. Our work is highly praised by clients.
|Step1||Pre study / Get a grasp of the ship's situation|
|Step2||Preparation of preliminary design|
|Step3||Onboard check and 3D scanning|
|Step4||Preparation of basic drawings|
|Step5||Obtain class approval|
|Step6||Preparation of detail drawings|
|Step7||Support with retrofit work|
Consultation for selecting suitable BWMS
We provide technical advice for selection of suitable BWMS in consideration of the below factors:
- Treatment methods used
- Pipe space
- Ballast water pump capacity
- G/E capacity
- System Design Limited (SDL)
Dispatch of assistant superintendents for retrofit work
In addition to the design work, we would be happy to assist you in carrying out smooth construction by dispatching our highly experienced engineers as assistant superintendents.
Development of Ballast Water Management Plan (BWMP)
We provide timely support in the development of BWMP in accordance with D-2 or D-1+ D-2 regulations.
Strength calculation of mooring equipment and preparing a reinforcement plan
We provide analysis service for mooring and towing equipment:
- Development of Stability Booklet and Loading Manual.
- Calculation of damaged stability in accordance with regulations such as ICLL, SOLAS, MARPOL and SPS. etc.
We provide support with:
- Calculation of mooring fittings and preparing of a reinforcement plan for under deck construction in accordance with Australian port regulations.
- Calculation of Ship design Minimum Breaking Load (SdMBL) in accordance with the OCIMF Mooring Equipment Guideline Rev.4 (OCIMF MEG4).
We are pleased to assist you with many other requests.